Please note: "Next blog" button will load a random, non-LLL blog. Click at your own risk.

Erin's LLLI Conference Blog

Saturday, July 09, 2005

Wednesday July 6 (Happy Birthday Joshua!!!)



My baby turns 7 today - I love you Joshua!!

Late last night we did a run down to the car with a bunch of my stuff - I must admit I did purchase quite a bit! We snaffooed a luggage rack from the parking level and smuggled it into our room to make our departure in the morning easier - nearly caught by a porter though. We are such rebels!!!

Woke up at 6:30 and got ready, packed the rest up and loaded the car. We were out of the hotel by 7:50 and decided to do one last visit to the core as I really wanted to see the Lincoln Memorial up close. We parked along the Potomac and walked over, passing by the Korean War Veterans Memorial. The Lincoln Memoral is beautiful. I was in awe. I remember that one of my favorite movies had this memorial in it - "Logan's Run", and also the re-make of the "Planet of the Apes" had this in it instead of the Statue of Liberty like the original at the end. So this was cool to me. I took lots of pictures, and the Reflection Pool was beautiful with the Washington Monument reflection in it. This is where "Forrest Gump" was filmed. We drove around the City a bit and then we were off for our long drive back home.



I got very tired in the afternoon and Deborah drove for a few hours. I actually fell asleep for a bit. We took a different route back home then coming there, so a change of scenery was nice. We drove through the Alleghany Mountains. We had a lovely lunch at an Italian restaurant. Deborah and I had a good time on our drive... we talked and talked, listened to and sang to music, and enjoyed the views. Going back over the border into Canada was easier then crossing into the USA. We arrived home around 9 pm... exhausted but happy, and we both were greeted by our family members (that were home).

2 Comments:

  • At 2:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi, Erin,

    It was so much fun to read through your blog, enjoy the pictures of you and Deborah and your kids and the sights, and relive my own Conference memories of the 2001 Chicago LLLI Conference. Thank you for being such a great ambassador for Canada and for CSO!

    I think it would be great to publish your blog in Collage - what do you think?

    LLLove,
    Linda Ruth
    ACL, CSO

     
  • At 8:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    well i have finally grabbed a moment to read your blog erin & i must say that you have captured the whole experience beautifully!

    your co-leader, deborah, who enjoyed your companionship (except for the fact that you wouldn't let me play bob dylan in the car)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home